Recommend budget power cable that improve picture quality

Greetings fellow members,

Would like to upgrade the power cable that connects my projector.

It is 9m from the ceiling mount to my Shunyata PS 8 distributor below the screen. Dedicated line is feeding that power distributor.

Due to the length and its cost, can only consider budget cables or bulk cables.
Would like to hear your recommendations based on your experience only, please.  Seeing is believing ;) .

Cheers.

OR maybe more effective, Picture Quality & Cost wise, if I use long standard power cable from the projector plugged to an Isotek Mini Mira which in turn plugged to power distributor (Or branched the dedicated line, so that one goes to the Shunyata power distributor and another to Isotek Mini Mira)? :unsure:

Edited by rolfie_boy

OR maybe more effective, Picture Quality & Cost wise, if I use long standard power cable from the projector plugged to an Isotek Mini Mira which in turn plugged to power distributor (Or branched the dedicated line, so that one goes to the Shunyata power distributor and another to Isotek Mini Mira)? :unsure:

I haven't seen a Mini Mira in action, but those Isotek units do wonders for sound!

Greetings fellow members,

Would like to upgrade the power cable that connects my projector.

It is 9m from the ceiling mount to my Shunyata PS 8 distributor below the screen. Dedicated line is feeding that power distributor.

Due to the length and its cost, can only consider budget cables or bulk cables.
Would like to hear your recommendations based on your experience only, please.  Seeing is believing ;) .

Cheers.

I actually go around calibrating screens with a spectrometer ES2000 so what you see on screen matches what you actually print.  All honesty I think you are looking at achieving better PQ in the wrong way.  The best way to achieve better PQ is to have it calibrated by something like a ES2000 or some other means such as this for projectors:

http://spyder.datacolor.com/portfolio-view/spyder4-for-projector-calibration/

Edited:  Calibration is the only way to achieve better PQ out of any monitor.   Buying into BS of marketing on Audiophile cables or any other Audiophile Power Management  device to improve PQ on a projector  is just just marketing garbage IMO.  But you can discount what Im recommending and buy into that hype by all means.

Edited by Addicted to music
  • Like 4

:confused:   The improvement in Picture quality I'm referring to above, I think relates more to having less distortion/electrical?? interference, that power cable or conditioner can bring rather than having better accuracy (which undeniably is also an improvement in PQ) that calibrations can bring about.

:confused:   The improvement in Picture quality I'm referring to above, I think relates more to having less distortion/electrical?? interference, that power cable or conditioner can bring rather than having better accuracy (which undeniably is also an improvement in PQ) that calibrations can bring about.

Think what you like, I’m not going to change your mind, where I calibrate monitors are professional industrial sites where there would be severe EFI and RF generated, due to equipment that uses 3 phase power.  Never have i seen electronic interference going into a monitor to effect PQ, just my $0.02 cents worth.

• Like 2

@Addicted: I'm one of those that thinks everything matters. Of course not everything contribute to the same degree.

Yes, calibration is very important. If anything must be done first as it contributes the most. BUT, other things like electrical delivery "quality" (for lack of better term), vibration (maybe relates more to the player side of things) and maybe ambient/operating temperature (purely speculation on my part) likely to matter.

I thank you for your contribution.

So, to move things forward, let's assume having done calibration, I'm looking to improve the picture quality even further through better power delivery, specifically by using so called audiophile power cable or power conditioner. Would like to hear those who have gone through such experience. Cheers :)

@Addicted: I'm one of those that thinks everything matters. Of course not everything contribute to the same degree.

Yes, calibration is very important. If anything must be done first as it contributes the most. BUT, other things like electrical delivery "quality" (for lack of better term), vibration (maybe relates more to the player side of things) and maybe ambient/operating temperature (purely speculation on my part) likely to matter.

I thank you for your contribution.

So, to move things forward, let's assume having done calibration, I'm looking to improve the picture quality even further through better power delivery, specifically by using so called audiophile power cable or power conditioner. Would like to hear those who have gone through such experience. Cheers :)

ALL modern TV sets and projectors operate on very highly regulated power supplies. A simple power cable change cannot make any difference whatsoever. Listen to the suggestions made by those who know what they are talking about. @@Addicted to music knows what he is talking about. 

• Like 4