wanted to borrow: Audiophilleo or another USB to S/PDIF adapter

Hi folks,

I am hoping someone might have an Audiophilleo I could borrow for a week or so to try out with a DAC for which CD transport input (via S/PDIF) beats its built-in USB input every time.

This is an experiment to support (or kill) a theory that the DAC's USB input board is to blame.

If not an Audiophilleo, then any other respected USB to S/PDIF adapter would still be useful...

I am located in inner city Melbourne.

Cheers,

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

This is an experiment to support (or kill) a theory that the DAC's USB input board is to blame.

Are you absolutely sure you're getting the same bits to your DAC? Can someone help you do non-sighted evaluations?

Hi Richard

I'm happy to lend a Audiophilleo 2 for a week or so. Pick up from Hawthorn? PM me if you're interested.

Cheers,

Dylan

Thanks Dylan, but since posting my request, I had a revelatory evening (as described in Tasso and Chanh's idealish server' thread) where I finally achieved very high sound quality through the DAC's USB input. Thank you so much for your offer, but at this stage it no lonegr seems necessary.

Are you absolutely sure you're getting the same bits to your DAC? Can someone help you do non-sighted evaluations?

A good question, but as far as I could tell, that was the case. Having said that, a change of software (OS and player) made a huge difference, which does suggest to me that something was awry.

Regarding blind testing, this was not a subtle difference, blindfolds not necessary in this instance!

Cheers,

r

A good question, but as far as I could tell, that was the case. Having said that, a change of software (OS and player) made a huge difference, which does suggest to me that something was awry.

What OS and software are you using?