Anyone tried sanding a swollen Okki Nokki wand?

Happy

Guest jakeyb77

So Okki Nokki wands tend to get swollen easily.

Anyone tried sanding it to get slimmer so that it doesn't go stiff inside the hole?

Is this some kind of joke?? WTF are you talking about? LOL

• Volunteer

Maybe just my mind but I reckon I can see this is going to go down hill very fast

No not just you, I see the same slippery slope.......... :unsure:

Not a joke. Okki Nokki RCMs have wands that can swell easily if you kept it inside the hole.

Once swollen bad, it gets so stiff inside the hole.

Well then the plastic its made of is not a good blend as its susceptible to the chemicals you use

Hmmm maybe the liquid I had been using wasn't good for it.

I need some sanding machine to give it a go....

This  :ohmy: No sander is going near my Okki Nokki wand.

And, frankly, I think my wife would have me sectioned if I started to call it Okki Nokki. 

Hmmm maybe the liquid I had been using wasn't good for it.

I need some sanding machine to give it a go....

You need wet and dry sand paper for the job

Plastics and seals can be made to withstand many chemicals like acid, alkaline, spirit ect

So you need to contact Okki Nokki and ask for a replacement that can handle the chemicals even if you have to pay for one

• Like 1

You need wet and dry sand paper for the job

Plastics and seals can be made to withstand many chemicals like acid, alkaline, spirit ect

So you need to contact Okki Nokki and ask for a replacement that can handle the chemicals even if you have to pay for one

I have 2. The first one got swollen bad. So I got a new one.

Might bring one to Bunnings and ask for some tips maybe.

Guest jakeyb77

I have 2. The first one got swollen bad. So I got a new one.

Might bring one to Bunnings and ask for some tips maybe.

OMG I'm rolling on the floor and my workmates are looking at me......

Plastic shouldn't expand if it was designed to withstand the chemicals the machine uses.  I would contact the manufacturer for advice.  But I'm also wondering if there is a deposit occurring in the hole which is making the wand stick, and needs to be cleaned out.  Another thing to explore is if the wand requires some lubrication to be able to move freely - again, contact the manufacturer for advice. 

Plastic shouldn't expand if it was designed to withstand the chemicals the machine uses.  I would contact the manufacturer for advice.  But I'm also wondering if there is a deposit occurring in the hole which is making the wand stick, and needs to be cleaned out.  Another thing to explore is if the wand requires some lubrication to be able to move freely - again, contact the manufacturer for advice. 

Done that already. Apparently I was supposed to keep it outside the hole when not using it.

• Like 1