Crumpets second system

Finally set up my second system (again!)

From the top:

Pro-Ject Studie with 9" and 12" arms

Sumiko BPS Evo3 on the 9", rebodied & potted Denon DL103R on the 12"

Audio Innovations P1 phono stage and ancient (er) Audio Research MCP-2 MC pre-amp with MM pass-through to the P1.

Antique Sound Labs WAV8 mono pp 8wpc valve amps and my sweet little Audio Innovations L1 pre-amp. And lastly, Omega Super 3 XRS hempcone single driver loudspeakers.

And by hokey it sounds good!post-108939-0-27698600-1459738193_thumb.

post-108939-0-13206600-1459738223_thumb.

• Like 2

Very cool system. I remember fixing that ancient Audio Research contraption for you!

Those Omegas impressed me at your place...

The Audio Research is an interesting gizmo, I'd get better results using a proper SUT but I'd then have to muck around swapping cables etc - this palaeolithic audio device allows me to have 2 cartridges/arms connected to my phono stage and swap between MC and MM at the flick of a switch.

Sometimes the art of laziness can be quite ingenious - and so righteous.

Very nice............I Like..........Is that DNM speaker cable I see?

How do you like it?

The DNM Reson is a pretty good sounding cable, seems suited to the low powered valve gear and high sensitivity speakers. The other cables (that you can't see) are a mixture of affordable Audioquest Diamondback, and a quite expensive Neotech cable between the Audio Research and preamp.

All this gear (except the turntable) was picked up for a song really, it's a fun little system - upbeat & lively without sounding too brash.

Fun fun fun!

Edited by ilikecrumpets

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By ColdsnapBry
      Item Condition: Like New Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Wellington State: NZ Payment Method: Paypal Reason for selling: Surplus to needs Further information:

Up for sale is a Hagerman Tuba headphone tube amplifier complete with original accessories and a matched NOS pair of Amperex/Philips 50s Holland D Getters EL84s.

The Hagerman Tuba costs $964 AUD and the Aperex EL84s costs $200 AUD. The amp comes with a transferable 10 year warranty. It was made early this year and is in perfect condition. The Amperex EL84 D Getters is considered to be the best EL84 tube available, so you're getting the amp in an endgame package.

The amp has a dead silent background with an expansive sound-stage. The Tube stage gives it that sweet sounding tube detail, while the solid state stage gives it that versatility with dynamics, planar and IEMs. 

Shipping is about $50 - $60 to AUS.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that upon successful sale of your item it is expected you pay Seller's Fees.
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a contribution, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By don76
      Item Condition: Sealed Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: East Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Direct Deposit, Paypal, Cash on Pick-up Reason for selling: Surplus Further information:

2017 Reissue.
      Pressed at QRP.
      All analogue mastering by Kevin Gray.
      Glossy stoughton tip on jacket.
      Glorious mono sound.

This is almost identical to the analogue productions reissue. Except 1/3 the cost!
      Long out of print and getting rare, this copy is still factory sealed and mint.

Shipping to Oz & NZ for standard Auspost rates.
      Bullet proof packaging.
      Items over certain value will require signature.
      Pick up in East Melbourne available, but is CASH ONLY.

If you are interested - please message me with:
      Your preference for shipping or pick-up.
      Your shipping address (if applicable)

Check out my other listings.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that upon successful sale of your item it is expected you pay Seller's Fees.
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a contribution, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By hugo_wilco
      Item Condition: All extremely well cared for Some unused Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Cash EFT Reason for selling: NLR Further information: Selling parts of my collection over coming days. Most are double copies some have never been played. 

Happy to send better photos upon request. 

see list below for individual prices. 

Muddy Waters Folk Singer 45 rpm Qulaity Productions $100.00 Led Zepp  1   $30.00 Led Zepp 3 replica cover $30.00 Led Zepp Physical Graffiti  40th anniversary $40.00 Rolling Stones Black n Blue reissue $40.00 Rolling Stones Goats Head Soup reissue $40.00 Keith Richards Crosseyed Heart   $40.00 Keith Richards Main Offender   $40.00 Keith Richards Talk is Cheap 30th anniversary $30.00 Keith Richards Live at Hollywood   $60.00 Neil Young Harvest Moon 2017 $40.00 Neil Young Massey Hall 1971 2008 archives release rare $150.00 Neil Young Hitchhiker rerelease $30.00 Roxy Music Avalon re release $30.00 Roxy Music Siren re release $30.00 Fleetwood Mac Rumours Bernie Grundman 45 rpm rare $100.00 Nick Cave Abbotoir Blues double album $40.00 Nick Cave Live from KCRW   $30.00 Nick Cave Idiot Prayer alone   $40.00 The Church Sometime Anywhere double album $40.00 The Church priest = aura double album $40.00 The Church Starfish white vinyl unplayed $30.00 The Church Gold Afternoon Fix releaeedd this year  $45.00 Midnight Oil place without a postcard 2018 release $30.00 Midnight Oil Diesel and Dust 2018 release $30.00 Midnight Oil Blue sky Mining 2018 release $30.00 John Mayer Room fro squares   $20.00 John Mayer Continuum double album $40.00 John Mayer The Search for Everything double album $40.00 You Am I Hifi Way   $20.00 INXS Kick Red Vinyl $20.00 Hoodooo Gurus Mars Needs Guitars reissue $20.00 The Badloves Get on Board reissue $40.00 Crowded House  Crowded House reissue $20.00 Ian Moss  Matchbook  reissue $20.00 Lenny Kravitz  Greatest Hits double album $40.00 Radiohead Amnesiac double album $40.00 EOB (Ed O Brien) Earth   $40.00 Grant Green Idle Moments Blue Note reissue 45rpm $80.00 Grant Green Grandstand Blue Note reissue 45rpm $80.00 Getz/gilberto Stan Getz Joao Gilberto Sterling Sound 45rpm $150.00 Lyn Stanley Lost In Romance Audiophile recording $45.00  
      Photos:

• By don76
      Item Condition: Sealed Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: East Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Direct Deposit, Paypal, Cash on Pick-up Reason for selling: Surplus Further information:

Sealed mint condition.
      Beautiful mono reissue of this classic 60's soul record.
      AAA cut by the mastering maestro - Kevin Gray.
      Pressed by RTI.
      Stoughton tip-on jacket.

Bullet proof packaging.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
    • By don76

Sealed mint condition.
      Beautiful mono reissue of this classic 60's soul record.
      AAA cut by the mastering maestro - Kevin Gray.
      Pressed by RTI.
      Stoughton tip-on jacket.

Bullet proof packaging.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

To Top