Wtb a Pre amp with phono stage

Bruno28

Hello,

I'm looking for a preamp with phono input as I'm also looking to get my first turn table.

My system constitutes mostly of NAD, so would like a NAD pre amp, like the c165BEE. But I'm open to other brands and models.

Wanted something with little use and in good conditions. Also don't want something too old. So under 5 years.

Preferred colour is black, to match my other equipments.

Price: under $500 depending on model, brand, festures and condition.

Would prefer if in sydney, so that I can minimize the cost of postage.

Edited by Bruno28

Yaqin ms-12b, great little entry pre amp with two input including a phono stage, upgrade the stock tubes and you will be laughing! My first tube amp when I still have my good old NAD320BEE, I used the yaqin pre in to the NAD, sounded much better just the NAD, the problem is after that I sold everything SS... Except an old Phillips power amp (only because it has the VU meter).

One thing though, I don't think it comes in black...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yaqin ms-12b, great little entry pre amp with two input including a phono stage, upgrade the stock tubes and you will be laughing! My first tube amp when I still have my good old NAD320BEE, I used the yaqin pre in to the NAD, sounded much better just the NAD, the problem is after that I sold everything SS... Except an old Phillips power amp (only because it has the VU meter).

One thing though, I don't think it comes in black...

Ah the yaqin of course

Share some more information?

Go to eBay, search yaqin ms12b and found seller Primeamp, $449 free postage, send him a message, go direct PayPal, he normally will give you 10% off eBay fee, I got mine from him too couple of years ago. So $400 and get a pair of 5751 to replace the 12ax7 and a pair of good 12au7 as well, then sit back and go to the dark side.

• Like 1

A few questions.

Does tube really sound a lot better?

If I connect my dac, will it also modify the sound because of the tube?

Last question is, I won't have any remote control with this pre amp, so could I leave it on max when using my dac and use the dac remote to control volume?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

A few questions.

Does tube really sound a lot better?

If I connect my dac, will it also modify the sound because of the tube?

Last question is, I won't have any remote control with this pre amp, so could I leave it on max when using my dac and use the dac remote to control volume?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Tube sounds different.

It will change the sound if you have the DAC as well, you might like it or you might even find it better without the DAC ( sell it and save the money for the next tube amp haha) for a bit of fun, tube rolling might help fine tuning the sound that you want but expansive I wouldn't recommend for an entry amp but I did with mine haha it's additive...

Yes, you can use your DAC remote to control volume no problem, probably won't turn the pre to max, may be 3 quarter max.

• Like 1

Hi @@davidro

Saw the  recommendation and the buy it  now appeared too good to let it pass. Hope I am right.  tried to pm but your in box is full

Robin

Ay well done i think for the price you can't go wrong. i mean a secondhand budget mm phono stage costs just that much.

emptied my inbox thanks for letting me know.

• 2 weeks later...