JVC X3 repair of IR

My JVC X3 produces a great image but for the last few years the remote control has not worked. It didn't really matter as I could reach the controls on the unit. However I recently had some lamp problems and I stumbled across a thread on the AVS forum that described how to fix the IR (and maybe the lamp) on the X3. See the link below. Apparently a capacitor was installed the wrong way around in the original build. So I followed the instructions and sure enough when I reversed the cap the IR started working again. The procedure is very simple.

So many thanks to the AVS forum and all that posted.

If you have an X3 the fix is real.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/1296327-official-jvc-rs40-x3-owners-thread-336.html

post-107519-0-62742800-1459596237_thumb.post-107519-0-29718000-1459596284_thumb.post-107519-0-36754300-1459596313_thumb.post-107519-0-48077500-1459596395_thumb.

• Like 2

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By ald0s
      Item Condition: Used - As new. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal or Cash Reason for selling: Too many headphones. Further information:
      As new DROP x JVC HA-FDX1 iems, used for maybe 3 days then boxed up. There are a couple of tiny marks on the casing which were there on arrival. It's my understanding this is part of the hammertone-esque finish but thought I'd mention it (and try to photograph it). Comes with everything.

Photos:

• By The One Demon
      Item: JVC DLA NX9 / N9
      Price Range: ~12k
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info:

Looking to get a JVC DLA NX9 / N9 projector. I'm located in Ceduna, SA, so can pick up from Adelaide/Port Pirie etc probably. Otherwise I'm fine with getting it posted to me! Cheers!
    • By bulletim3
      Hey folks,

I'm looking for some help with troubleshooting my Technics SE-A900S power amplifier which distorts in the right channel at higher volumes only.

Sorry about the long post by the way! I've already spent some time looking for the issue and so have plenty of context, which I'll try and make as succinct as possible.

Troubleshooting notes and context:
      The distortion is in the right channel only, in both speakers A and B. Tested with two different sets of speakers and have also tried switching the speakers around. Distortion is always on the right channel - ruling out speaker issues. I don't hear any distortion on headphones plugged into the headphones jack on the front of the amp at any volume. There is no distortion at low sound levels. It only kicks in at higher volumes and I was able to confirm this with a scope as well (More details in linked pictures below). There seems to be no distortion in the output if I remove the speakers at any volume levels (confirmed with a scope).
      Visual inspection of the circuit board shows no signs of damage, burns, faulty components like bulging capacitors etc. When I first opened the case, I noticed a weird plastic/metallic looking film stuck across a couple of the legs of the IC SVI3205B (which is the power amplifier IC). Removing this made no difference to the issue. Continuity test showed that this material isn't conductive. I'm assuming this was never a problem but thought I'd mentioned this anyways. (I know the film looks little like what might be used in electrolytic capacitors, but I have spent a fair bit of time hunting for any blown caps but I see none.)
      Scope output at various frequencies. I used an audio signal generator as source and then plugged my scope in parallel with a speaker to measure amplifier output. Source signal was always a sine wave at various different frequencies. 200Hz Right channel, distorted 200Hz Right channel, clean 800Hz Right channel, distorted 800Hz Right channel, clean 1.6KHz Right channel, distorted 1.6KHz Right channel, clean 3.2KHz Right channel, distorted 3.2KHz Right channel, clean 6KHz Right channel, distorted 6KHz Right channel, clean 12.8KHz Right channel, high volume distorted 12.8KHz Right channel at low volume, clean 12.8KHz Left channel, high volume clean It also seems like the signal starts distorting at lower volumes at lower frequencies and requires a lot more volume before it starts distorting at higher frequencies.  
      [Circuit diagram of the amp from the service manual (I've tried to trace the Left and Right channel signal path in the circuit diagram using Yellow and Orange colours respectively) as context for the following notes.]
      I traced the distorted signal through the circuit and can see it all the way up to pin 16 of the preamp IC AN7062N, however, there is no distortion at pin 17. (This is located at the far left of the circuit diagram I linked above, not too for from the signal input posts)
      I've swapped out the transistors Q402 and Q452 with the equivalent transistors Q401 and Q451 on the left channel respectively and the distortion remains in the right channel.
      I have also spent a bit of time testing most electrolytic capacitors in-circuit with an ESR meter but don't have much to report here.
      I've also re soldered some joints along the right channel, but definitely not the entire path... this was random and seemed like a waste of time.

While asking for help elsewhere, I took pictures of the actual circuit board, linked below in case they are helpful.
      Circuit top shot (stitched, there is a fair bit of overlap so may look weird)
      Circuit top shot
      Preamp side of the circuit
      Shot of the MOSFET module
      Power amp module and the adjacent circuit
      Shot of some of the transistors across the L and R channels
      The main caps
      A shot of the bottom of the circuit board showing the traces (stitched, again there is a fair bit of overlap so may look weird)
      Circuit board bottom

Would appreciate any help I can get in hunting down the root cause here. Thank you for your time and help
    • By tassiepete
      Hi All,
      I'm having trouble with my Rotel slot load CD player (RCD1570)
      It's not pulling discs in properly, makes a little bit of noise and jerks/jolts them a bit.
      It doesn't happen all the time, but mostly when inserting rather than ejecting a disc.

any ideas??
    • By MattyW
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Virginia State: QLD Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

I'm getting out of vinyl as I never use since the little one came along.  My loss is your gain. - Please note that this is a local sale: Pickup only. 

On offer is my Victor TT-Y5 vintage table.  The best performing table I've had the pleasure of owning.

It's been fully recapped and quality rhodium plated RCA's with hollow tellurium copper centre pins installed,  plus a banana plug for the earth by Brisbane Electronics so it should last many more years to come and will work well with a wide variety of quality RCA leads. The work set me back $330 and I supplied the RCA's and banana plug.

A Tortech 240 to 100VAC step down transformer is included.

The table has an SDS IsoPlatMat and quality record weight with fish eye spirit level built in. I also have the original mat here though the IsoPlatMat is significantly better sonically. The table is rock solid.

The table is early 1980's vintage so it does have the usual surface scratches in the cover and small dings in the corners. There's also some light pitting on the edge of the platter. Performance however is stellar.

"The Victor QL-Y5, released only in Japan in 1981 (during the "Golden Era" of Japanese audiophile equipment), is a somewhat less well known direct drive turntable. The QL-Y5 has some impressive stats, including an SNR of 78 dB (DIN-B) and wow and flutter of 0.011% WRMS. The QL-Y5 features a double servo quartz circuit to control the motor, for stable platter rotation."

Photos:

To Top