Rothwell Audio Products.

catman

G'day all, just wondering if anyone is familiar with this company and their products?  From what I've been reading of late I'm quite impressed, a common sense approach with excellent practical design.  Anybody heard of them/any comments?  Regards, Felix. 

Edited by catman
Guest Hensa

I've used a couple of their rca in line attenuators to tame a hot source by a few dB and found them to be effective with no sonic detriment. I'd recommend them for this product but not familiar with any of their other wares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also use their attenuators, which I highly recommend.  The company is well known in UK and there is a growing recognition of the quality of their SUTs and pre-amp.  They seem to be a no-nonsense crowd and if you visit their website there is a wealth of information on SUTs and matching them to MCs.

• Like 1

WE tried their Rialto phono pre a couple of years ago during a phono stage shoot out type of thing. First impressions were very good but it didn't take long to tire of the sound as it was rather forward which made you perk up at first but once we'd got used to that there wasn't really much to recommend it. In the around $500 price (if I recall correctly) bracket it was like pretty much any other $500 or so phono pre any of us had heard.

• Like 1

Felix, Rothwell style attenuators are easy to make for about $3 bucks each, a 10 ohm resistor shunted to ground and another resistor of values between 10-30 ohms in series on the positive line of the RCA plug, will produce 6-9-12-18+ dB of attenuation for your power amp to be made quieter and, Bob's your uncle! Of course, in an ideal world you may not want to use them as they seem to rob a bit of life out of the music?

Google it on DIY Audio Forum ...its easy to make your own.

Cheers,

Steve.

Edited by Steve M