Auralic Aries LE - Owners Thread

HI All,

I have just acquired an Auralic Aires LE and I thought it would be a good idea to start up a dedicated thread so other users can share their experiences, tips and tricks.

I will take possession early next week and before I do I have been thinking of transferring my music collection onto a new HDD, should I buy a HDD with it's own power supply or should I buy one that uses the Auralic's power? I'm guessing buying one with its own power would reduce any interference.

I will be connecting the Aires LE to my Chord Hugo DAC. I'm planning on using the Digital Coaxial over the USB, should I be considering the USB path? If so, why?

Thanks for looking.

Edited by dolphy
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Guest JohnA

doesnt seem to be much in the way of uses on here

i am struggling with this vs bluesound at the moment. Everything points to this for better sq, but the software side of things has me holding off.

As i am not a iphone or ipad user, i dont want to be splashing out for either to just control this unit.

Its a shame really, as it would be the way i would have liked to go

I assume your music is on an external HDD?

What about one of these http://www.microrendu.sonore.us/

You can run MPD or Squeezelite apps on your Androids (not to be confused with "Haemorrhoids")

The ifi power supply may look a bit cheap. You could use one of Clays instead? http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php/topic/95226-gieseler-power-supply-owners-thread/

Apologies Dolphy thread derailed already.

Edited by SteveC

Guest JohnA

John you could probably use a 16gb ipod touch which are cheap.

my daughter has one that she doesnt use anymore, however, because i usualy have the laptopw ith me when listening to music, would be nice if i could control it from that, or my phone, rather then having 3 devices laying around

I assume your music is on an external HDD?

What about one of these http://www.microrendu.sonore.us/

You can run MPD or Squeezelite apps on your Androids (not to be confused with "Haemorrhoids")

The ifi power supply may look a bit cheap. You could use one of Clays instead? http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php/topic/95226-gieseler-power-supply-owners-thread/

Apologies Dolphy thread derailed already.

yea, all my music is on my nas drive, , i shall look into this device, and start another thread if i have questions about it  :thumb:

HI All,

I have just acquired an Auralic Aires LE and I thought it would be a good idea to start up a dedicated thread so other users can share their experiences, tips and tricks.

I will take possession early next week and before I do I have been thinking of transferring my music collection onto a new HDD, should I buy a HDD with it's own power supply or should I buy one that uses the Auralic's power? I'm guessing buying one with its own power would reduce any interference.

I will be connecting the Aires LE to my Chord Hugo DAC. I'm planning on using the Digital Coaxial over the USB, should I be considering the USB path? If so, why?

Thanks for looking.

Hugo designer Rob Watts prefers optical over all other inputs.

• 4 months later...

Just curious s if anyone is going to get the linear psu from auralic for the le?

Optical cable that I'm currently using is Audioqest optilink 3, vodka is the current equivalent.

Edited by Neo

In regard to hdd I'm thinking of getting a USB stick from sandisk 

128 gb can be had for under $50 and these days they are tiny, or stretch the budget and go for 256gb

image.jpg

Edited by Neo
Guest scumbag
21 hours ago, Neo said:

Just curious s if anyone is going to get the linear psu from auralic for the le?

Optical cable that I'm currently using is Audioqest optilink 3, vodka is the current equivalent.

I got a unit from Clay Geisler to power my Aries Mini. Well priced and very quiet.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Hifiplus
      Item: NAD M50.2 Music Player
      Price Range: within reason
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info: Sydney

Need a CD player while mine is being repaired and would like to move into the streaming world..
    • By TDX
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Perth State: WA Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Up for sale is the very high quality streaming transporter Auralic Aries G1. I bought it in 2020 and have full packing for picking up or shipping. Any questions please pm. Thanks.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that upon successful sale of your item it is expected you pay Seller's Fees.
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a contribution, your advertisement may not be approved.  

• By saab77
      Item Condition: Used , in excellent condition Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sunshine Coast State: QLD Payment Method: PayPal ,EFT, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Young family means less use  
      Auralic Aries Femto streamer ( with Ultra Low Noise Linear PSU)

(Price Drop )
      Vega Dac for 1700
      Aries streamer for 900

will offer the pair for 2500

Product: Auralic Aries Wireless Network Streamer; Remote; Bluetooth; Silver

What is Included: Streamer, Remote, Umbilical power cable, Linear low noise Power supply, , Factory packaging

Functional Notes: Operational condition of this item is excellent, fully tested and no issues found.

# of Owners: 1

Service History: None

Up for sale is my cherished combo of Streamer and State of the art DAC .

Outdid every other combo , including much more expensive options , I could get my hands on to audition at home . 

: "When you consider the many things the ARIES can do and the very high level of performance that it offers, I would argue it is one of the best values in all of digital audio today. Having the ARIES in my system has transformed my review listening experiences for the better; the ARIES gives me instant access to my music library (including all of my high-res PCM and DSD files), plus the ability to explore streaming content whenever I choose. But above all, ARIES is a convenient, reliable, and easy-to-use system that imposes virtually no compromises in performance. If that’s not having your sonic cake and eating it, then I don’t know what would be." -Chris Martens, The Absolute Sound

Purchased after lots of research - plenty of glowing online reviews -

https://www.stereophile.com/content/auralic-vega-da-processor

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/dac/auralic-vega-dac-full-review/

Auralic Aries Streamer and Auralic Vega Dac 

They can be sold separately or together . Both are in excellent condition and come  with full original packaging . Shipping  can be arranged at new owners  expense . 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that upon successful sale of your item it is expected you pay Seller's Fees.
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a contribution, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By John Wick
      Seeing is believing.
      For me, the same as listening, especially in the music enjoyment field, today I’d like to write this article to share my humble insights, hope you guys can also share your opinions after reviewing!

For years, audiophiles around the world have argued about the effect of signal optimization, no matter it’s for network or power, even the data transmission route, this is certainly interesting, as we all know the digital data is formed by 0 & 1, so most people only care about the parts when the music presented as analog, which are,  how the artists record their music, what equipment they apply and what digital format the music being transformed to, and the performance of the speakers, since they can directly generate the sounds for people to hear.

When the music is shown as 0 & 1, people tend to think that these data would keep their origins no matter how they’re being transmitted or received, because they are digital, it’s irrational to think these 0 & 1s would become 0.5 or 0.34, well, that’s damn true, but, 0 & 1 are their appearances, not what they entail, also, the scientific truth is that because the digital signal has much better tolerance for interference, so if it’s not too severe, human beings can barely notice, but as Hi-Res and Hi-Fi formats showed up, more data needs to be processed during the transmission, so if you play the music by very hi-end equipment, so-called “ Audiophile Quality “, then yes, you’d notice the differences.

Try imaging that you’re driving from east coast to west coast in one day, you are the music data, and the car is the 0 &1, of course the car would look almost the same when you arrive the destination, as long as you didn’t run into some grave accidents or something, but how about you, travelling long distance in such a short period of time, I doubt it your mind and your appearance would look exactly the same before you hit the road, so metaphorically, signal optimization is the energy support for the whole trip, food, drinks, makeups, and so on, just to keep you stay as original as the beginning.

Hope you understand what I’m trying to say, now the music data is mostly transformed as Hi-Fi or Hi-Res formats, much high resolution, it’s like over 10 people in your small car, and you need to keep they stay totally the same while driving from east coast to the west in one day, ain’t no easy task!
      Hence, audio network switch, linear power supply, enhanced audio cable and other stuff are invented, they help these precious music data remain as intact as they can from the digital file to analog in your speakers, it may not seem like a long trip to you, but it is from them, they need carry so much details and essences in seconds, man, they deserve some tender care I’d say.

It’s fine that you don’t believe these metaphorical nonsense, or those comparison tables which some expert reviewers provided, but if you have a chance to try them on, no matter it’s just a network switch or linear power supply, just carefully listen to it, I think you’d feel the alterations, I just believe if you treat you music nicely, they’ll give some sweet feedback to your ears in return, and that’s what we all looking for, ain’t it?
      So start facing at the things seriously that you overlooked before in your audio system, maybe you’ll find a new great realm of sound enjoyment!
      Listening is believing.

• By notchasingrainbows
      Item Condition: Like New Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne CBD State: VIC Payment Method: Cash, EFT, Paypal (buyer pays fees) Reason for selling: Downsizing Further information:

A killer combination (DAC/streamer/pre and power) that gives alot of digital music enjoyment without sounding digital. They are practically in brand new condition from my second system. Purchased less than a year ago, and used around a 100 hours at the most. For those who are looking for simplicity and quality musical enjoyment, you definitely need to check these bad boys out. 

This particular combination has been getting alot of raves from hifi reviewers from around the world.

Here is an in-depth review from the one and only Srajan Ebaen of 6moons:

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/goldnote13/

Please DM and I can share a couple videos showing how good this combination sounds.

Photos:

To Top