Yaqin phono trouble.

I have had this phono pre for a while, rolled the tubes to... Searches memory...sovteks I think. But in the last week or so I've been getting some strange fruit with this. It's been randomly been making a very loud woofing sound that drives the woofers in my speakers. I'm not sure how else to describe it, but does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Doesn't sound good. I suspect that some servicing might be required.

Feck. I might try swapping back to original tubes just to check that part of the equation.

Maybe some tube pins not making a good contact in the socket.

Is it in just one channel or both?

Edit: try removing the Sovteks and give the pins a light rub with a clean not soap type of scourer pad, those green ones, and reset the tubes in the sockets.

While powered down of course ;)

Edited by Muon

A budget Chinese thing you've had for a while..............

All good ideas above  ^^^

Google search the model and see if it's a common fault with known cause.

Thankyou gents, shall give it a look and report back. And don't be a snob e man. [emoji106]

He's not being a snob, MD ... in this world, anyway, ya generally get what ya pay for! :D

Andy

• Like 1

Come the morning, swap the tubes, and it's outputting nothing at all now and nothing to note from fairly extensive Google Searches.

Swap them back?

A budget Chinese thing you've had for a while..............

All good ideas above  ^^^

Google search the model and see if it's a common fault with known cause.

Surprised you find nothing on Google search.  There's millions of Yaqin phono out there.  What model is it ?

Thankyou gents, shall give it a look and report back. And don't be a snob e man. [emoji106]

....it's on the short list for cheap Chinese tubes myself but I was even warned away *by the Chinese seller* when asking about one of their power amps.  Basically he told me only people buy them who can fix them !

He's not being a snob, MD ... in this world, anyway, ya generally get what ya pay for! :D

Andy

...and if you look in my sig you will see I have a cheap Chinese thing (2 actually).   Same way that I'm not surprised when an entire elevated motorway collapses before it's even built in India.  I've been there - a few times.

• Like 1

Same way that I'm not surprised when an entire elevated motorway collapses before it's even built in India.  I've been there - a few times.

Have you forgotten the collapse of the West Gate Bridge, what, 35 years ago?  :P

Andy

Very true, caveat emptor, etc etc. Please accept my apology [emoji106]

Moving on, yeah it's weird I can't find anything about this on Google. I'll keep playing with it, but now wondering whether it's worth the bother. Anyone got a better phono they want to part with? [emoji3]

Have you forgotten the collapse of the West Gate Bridge, what, 35 years ago?  :P

Forgotten?  Collapsed in 1970 !  Makes it  45 yrs ago.  Mate ,sorry , never heard of it before.  Was 4 yrs old at the time in another city where I grew up.

Telling me about one bridge that busted somewhere once really was never at the top of any requirement.

Very true, caveat emptor, etc etc. Please accept my apology [emoji106]

Moving on, yeah it's weird I can't find anything about this on Google. I'll keep playing with it, but now wondering whether it's worth the bother. Anyone got a better phono they want to part with? [emoji3]

I still want to know what model it is.  In case I don't want to buy one later.  I do currently have more phonos than I need but not sure what to do with them.

Forgotten?  Collapsed in 1970 !  Makes it  45 yrs ago.  Mate ,sorry , never heard of it before.  Was 4 yrs old at the time in another city where I grew up.

Telling me about one bridge that busted somewhere once really was never at the top of any requirement.

My point, E.Man was to suggest that Asians are not the only ones who build stuff that falls down.

Andy

My point, E.Man was to suggest that Asians are not the only ones who build stuff that falls down.

Andy

Apparently so; but I saw more crap 'construction' in India than I've ever seen here.

Edited by E.Man

It's an ms23b. I was happy with... Until I wasn't.

Whoa...isn't that the latest new best improved Yaqin phono ?  I'm making a mental note of that in case my cheap ones just stop.

Nothing from either set of tubes ?  or generally crap sounding ?

Yeah ; from my totally uninformed position I think it needs a tech or a replacement.

Edited by E.Man
  • Like 1

Whoa...isn't that the latest new best improved Yaqin phono ? I'm making a mental note of that in case my cheap ones just stop.

Nothing from either set of tubes ? or generally crap sounding ?

Yeah ; from my totally uninformed position I think it needs a tech or a replacement.

Nope, the latest improved on is the MS33B. Been running a MS23B 3 years now so I'm guessing bad luck. It's hard to beat for the money.

I definitely want a MS33B though. Apparently its basically the MS23B with the Les Box conversion. Prefer my MS23B to my Little Bear T10 Pro v2.6

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Nope, the latest improved on is the MS33B. Been running a MS23B 3 years now so I'm guessing bad luck. It's hard to beat for the money.

I definitely want a MS33B though. Apparently its basically the MS23B with the Les Box conversion. Prefer my MS23B to my Little Bear T10 Pro v2.6

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

PM coming so as not to thread crap. (How's that for considerate ?).

• Like 1