Hana cartridges

houdinifangs

Ross B tried one and preferred it, on his RP8, to his Delos. More neutral, less coloured. Seem to be exceptional value for money. Bought one through Krispy.

You should try a shelter cart they have a smooth pallet about them you get them from Krispy Audio

Ross B tried one and preferred it, on his RP8, to his Delos. More neutral, less coloured. Seem to be exceptional value for money. Bought one through Krispy.

I've had a Shelter 201 before and really enjoyed that, but preferred my Benz much more, although the Benz cost 2X as much. The shelter range climbs steeply in price after the 201. Interesting, the Delos is a dream cart for me. Probably wanting to spend under $1k at this stage. Originally thinking a Benz Micro Ace SL.

Guest Hensa

Very nearly started this exact thread last night as I'm also interested in the Hana SL version.

Perhaps Cameron @@Krispy Audio could comment on the sound signature compared with the Benz Ace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest JohnA

I was going to grab one to try, but due to current circumstances, this will no longer happen.

For the price, i think they are worth taking a chance on

Well, Ross knows his carts, and his analogue, so if he rates it, it must be a very decent sounding cart.  At $600 or so, hard to go wrong. 

Guest Hensa

Well, Ross knows his carts, and his analogue, so if he rates it, it must be a very decent sounding cart. At $600 or so, hard to go wrong.

I was more interested in the Shibata model so closer to $900.

Well, Ross knows his carts, and his analogue, so if he rates it, it must be a very decent sounding cart.  At $600 or so, hard to go wrong. 

Thanks, Andrew. I don't pretend to be an expert, but I own quite a few cartridges. I really like the Hana SL. It reminds me a little of the Benz sound. It is a little on the warm side, but is quite dynamic and generally well balanced. I am listening to it playing a late Beethoven quartet as I write this, and am enjoying it immensely.

• Like 1