FS: Quad 2905 Electrostatic Speakers Near New Condition

Please don't forget to check the Classifieds Guidelines before posting this classified ad. You many delete this text from your advertisement.

Item: Quad 2905 Electrostatic Speakers
Location: Perth and happy to transport Anywhere in Australia. Interstate transport is easy.
Price: 9,000 PRICE DROP NOW  $ 8,000
Item Condition: Near New
Reason for selling: Time for a Change
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Hi to all

Up for sale is my Quad 2905 speakers. I purchased these brand new from Douglas Hifi (I have the original receipt). Two weeks ago they had all the panels and speaker cloth replaced by Ultra Media here in Perth. The cost was 8k. I have the receipts for this as well.

They look and sound superb and you could say they are near new condition because of the full panel replacement. The cosmetic condition is near flawless as you can see from the pics. There are some blemishes on the speakers, but you would have to look within an inch of the panel to notice. And only then, we are talking about one or two only.

I also have the original boxes which are in great condition and arranging transport interstate is not an issue (at buyers cost and will only be charged what I am charged receipt will be provided). I work in logistics, so no dramas.

If you are interested, you are welcome to PM me and I can discuss anything you would like to know about the speakers. You are also invited to listen to them in my home before you buy. I will provide my mobile number to interested parties.

I will also be posting the speakers on Audiogon.

I have not entered into any superlatives regarding performance, there is many reviews on the internet that will confirm the experience I had. I will just say, they are marvelous!

Thanks for taking the time to look.

PRICE DROP NOW $ 8,000

post-108314-0-60066500-1459482138_thumb.

post-108314-0-98376100-1459482166_thumb.

post-108314-0-19220900-1459482198_thumb.

post-108314-0-56978000-1459482272_thumb.

post-108314-0-85256500-1459482311_thumb.

post-108314-0-85571900-1459482394_thumb.

post-108314-0-11851100-1459482436_thumb.

post-108314-0-91496600-1459482462_thumb.

post-108314-0-29584100-1459482489_thumb.

post-108314-0-11291400-1459483103_thumb.

Edited by libbyandjan
  • Like 1

How old are these speakers?

Hi

They are six years old. Obviously with the replacement of all panels on both speakers, age would not be a consideration now. As I mentioned in the above ad, this cost was 8k alone and I also put brand new cloth for a further 500 bucks. 

They are a superb speaker.

Thanks for asking

Hi

They are six years old. Obviously with the replacement of all panels on both speakers, age would not be a consideration now. As I mentioned in the above ad, this cost was 8k alone and I also put brand new cloth for a further 500 bucks. 

They are a superb speaker.

Thanks for asking

Folks

I have just looked at one of the pics and it looks like there is marks on the speaker cloth. This is not the case. When the speaker was moved, the light coming through the window shows some of the panel inside.  That is all.

Thanks

@@libbyandjan As someone who has never owned a pair of electrostatic speakers, can I ask why the panels had to be replaced after six years at considerable expense. Is this common for these types of speakers?

I heard a pair of 28/2905's when they were released driven by a full Conrad Johnson system and I still remember it to this day. They have an effortless way of energising the air in a room. Someone is going to be very lucky to own these.

@@libbyandjan As someone who has never owned a pair of electrostatic speakers, can I ask why the panels had to be replaced after six years at considerable expense. Is this common for these types of speakers?

I heard a pair of 28/2905's when they were released driven by a full Conrad Johnson system and I still remember it to this day. They have an effortless way of energising the air in a room. Someone is going to be very lucky to own these.

Hi

The only reason the panels were replaced was because an electrical storm hit the grid very badly in our suburb. Prior to this, the speakers had worked flawlessly without issue. Had it not been for the strike, I would have stayed with the speakers indefinitely.

The speakers were covered under my insurance policy except for the minor excess I had to pay. To cause this type of damage, the strike was severe. I have the receipts of the claim and work carried out.

Because the speakers are virtually new, this is an ideal time for me to move them on and my wife has bumped me a little to sell them. You can read between the lines with that.

Panels will last for many years without issue, mine would have if not for the strike. Mind you, we also had other electronics destroyed in this event, not just the Quads.

As for energizing a room, I know that no matter what I purchase next, they will certainly fall short in the most important parameter I care about.  The midrange. These are superb speakers and I truly believe they sound better now than when I first purchased them. Why? Maybe because I replaced the speaker cloth (please, it is not an invitation for debate). The cloth I replaced it with cost considerable money and is woven/stitched with larger holes and I only assume that the sound is less restricted through this cloth than the original supplied with Quad.  

The new cloth even makes the speakers looks more appealing. My time with them has been the most enjoyable above all other speakers I have owned. And yes, who ever purchases these will certainly have the same enjoyment I had.

all the best.

• Like 2

I also was 'hit' once by a severe lightning strike at home which fried my Martin Logan originals completely. Then I upgraded to Martin Logan Statements courtesy of the insurance payout. But, these were too 'hi-fi' for my taste and didn't match the midrange of the original, nor that of the Quad ESL 63, for example (my personal original midrange reference). I think this 2905 incarnation of Quad is a very good one and for those lucky to own Quad you don't see them changing their minds very much! For example, I think there are very many people who still own their original Quad 57's (as well as more modern speakers) because they cannot bear to part with them. Am I right?

GLWTS

I also was 'hit' once by a severe lightning strike at home which fried my Martin Logan originals completely. Then I upgraded to Martin Logan Statements courtesy of the insurance payout. But, these were too 'hi-fi' for my taste and didn't match the midrange of the original, nor that of the Quad ESL 63, for example (my personal original midrange reference). I think this 2905 incarnation of Quad is a very good one and for those lucky to own Quad you don't see them changing their minds very much! For example, I think there are very many people who still own their original Quad 57's (as well as more modern speakers) because they cannot bear to part with them. Am I right?

GLWTS

I believe your right. nearly all keep them. I have been nothing less than excited for the last six years owning them. But, because they are virtually new now and the missus nudging me to move them on (she has been patient accepting the size of these in our lounge room), it is time for a new home.. They do not change hands very often, but on this occasion, it is an exception to the rule.

Thanks

Please don't forget to check the Classifieds Guidelines before posting this classified ad. You many delete this text from your advertisement.

Item: Quad 2905 Electrostatic SpeakersLocation: Perth and happy to transport Anywhere in Australia. Interstate transport is easy.Price: 9,000Item Condition: Near NewReason for selling: Time for a ChangePayment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD OnlyExtra Info:

Hi to all

Up for sale is my Quad 2905 speakers. I purchased these brand new from Douglas Hifi (I have the original receipt). Two weeks ago they had all the panels and speaker cloth replaced by Ultra Media here in Perth. The cost was 8k. I have the receipts for this as well.

They look and sound superb and you could say they are near new condition because of the full panel replacement. The cosmetic condition is near flawless as you can see from the pics. There are some blemishes on the speakers, but you would have to look within an inch of the panel to notice. And only then, we are talking about one or two only.

I also have the original boxes which are in great condition and arranging transport interstate is not an issue (at buyers cost and will only be charged what I am charged receipt will be provided). I work in logistics, so no dramas.

If you are interested, you are welcome to PM me and I can discuss anything you would like to know about the speakers. You are also invited to listen to them in my home before you buy. I will provide my mobile number to interested parties.

I have not entered into any superlatives regarding performance, there is many reviews on the internet that will confirm the experience I had. I will just say, they are marvelous!

No interest???

Item: Quad 2905 Electrostatic SpeakersLocation: Perth and happy to transport Anywhere in Australia. Interstate transport is easy.Price: 9,000Item Condition: Near NewReason for selling: Time for a ChangePayment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD OnlyExtra Info:

Hi to all

Price drop to $ 8000 now