Panasonic caps

Rockman

What Pete said,

Also RS have a limited range of Nichicon Fine Gold in stock

Cheers

John

On that note, the Nichicon KA 105 degree 'audio' caps can be had from RS or Element14. Good all-round caps with similar specs to any of the long life, low ESR Nichicons.

I do prefer Silmics though!

• Like 1

Thanks for your responses gentlemen, it's appreciated.  I have dealt with RS Components, before so i'll have a look at Element 14, as well.

I'm looking at recapping a 30+ yr old Superphon, preamp that I recently picked up & was thinking of using the Panasonics in the psu & Silmics in the phono & line sections.  What's your thoughts on where the Nichicons might be a better choice, if at all?

The psu has 4 x 1000uF axial storage caps & 'Audio' type axials seem to be a bit thin on the ground these days.  However, I have a few very nice 2200uF ERO axials that will fit nicely, though they are a similar age to the preamp so I hope they will form OK.

Thanks for your responses gentlemen, it's appreciated.  I have dealt with RS Components, before so i'll have a look at Element 14, as well.

I'm looking at recapping a 30+ yr old Superphon, preamp that I recently picked up & was thinking of using the Panasonics in the psu & Silmics in the phono & line sections.  What's your thoughts on where the Nichicons might be a better choice, if at all?

The psu has 4 x 1000uF axial storage caps & 'Audio' type axials seem to be a bit thin on the ground these days.  However, I have a few very nice 2200uF ERO axials that will fit nicely, though they are a similar age to the preamp so I hope they will form OK.

F&T make nice axial caps

With Mouser now you get free shipping if you spend $60 Aus.

They carry Elna Silmic II's which you can't get in Aus.

http://au.mouser.com/Elna/Passive-Components/Capacitors/Aluminum-Electrolytic-Capacitors/_/N-75hqt?P=1z0zldo

They also have the Pana FC/FM's - shipping is FedEx so it only takes a few days.

Awesome news.

So sick of having to split orders between rs and e14 due to them not having local stock.

The jbl amp I did ages ago, even though I ordered all from one aus source, ended up being something like 14 different lots of freight from around the globe over two months.

Nigel you will just love Mouser - the range of stuff they have is amazing.

Pricing is very good & unlike Parts Connection they show accurate stock levels.

Nice range of capacitors too.

It used to be a bit of an effort as you needed to spend $200 for the free freight so the new $60 deal is easy.

Edited by Gieseler Audio
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Nigel you will just love Mouser - the range of stuff they have is amazing.

Pricing is very good & unlike Parts Connection they show accurate stock levels.

Nice range of capacitors too.

It used to be a bit of an effort as you needed to spend $200 for the free freight so the new $60 deal is easy.

This is the best news, when I lived in Houston Texas I used Mouser all the time, easy search, unbelievable range of parts with fast shipping.

Edited by HypnoToad

I've always been happy with RS online who will deliver any web order for free. How do they do it for the price?

Speaking of Panasonic caps, I was putting together a small order and came across the EE type electros. These things are 105c rated with a supposed 10,000 hour life and very high ripple current specs. They look bang on for replacing some cheap looking chinese caps in of my pre's that is designed to be left on. Anybody out there tried these? They do look very good.......

Hey Clay.

Yup, had a trawl through their site previously.

Shipping time and cost was a concern.

Seems thats not such an issue now.........

Shipping time is almost the best part. Order Monday and have them Friday from the other site of the globe.

Awesome news.

So sick of having to split orders between rs and e14 due to them not having local stock.

The jbl amp I did ages ago, even though I ordered all from one aus source, ended up being something like 14 different lots of freight from around the globe over two months.

If RS have stock in the UK they have it here in 5 days. (mostly)

I was there yesterday................complaining about lack of a certain Cherry microswitch................no UK stock either!

BUT! E14 have a Honeywell equivalent.....................215 in stock in Aus.

Competition is a good thing sometimes.

I buy from various diy supplier sellers on ebay. Genuine that is and I save a ton compared to element14 or RS.

A lot of those ebay sellers do sell fake ones too. Especially if they are located in China and a few other countries.

They all say they only sell genuine. :)

It is like there cheap pure copper connectors, which most of the time are brass.

Edited by rocky500
  • Like 1

Yes I`m aware of that but there are only a select few that do sell and stock diy parts, on diyaudio as well. I don`t buy from sellers who sell mostly cushions and such and the odd capacitors. Same with transistors.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk