That's right boys and girls - don't touch that dial! For you have stumbled into the one, the only, the absolutely and completely unofficially-official StereoNet Australia: Fat Axl Thread!

Come one, come all and giggle yourselves thin in this - the only - place where we can come together as a community to mock, deride, decry and just generally have a good old fashioned hee-haw at all that went so terribly wrong with the undisputed heavyweights of c#ck-rock; The Mighty Guns n Roses.

Yes indeedie my fair-weather friends, we gather here today to celebrate and embrace that repugnant tiff, the hedonism and the egotism that became the fall of this once mighty rock behemoth.

It all started out so well; in 1987 we were welcomed to the jungle, we were taken dancing with Mr. Brownstone, we were ushered through the gates of that mythical Paradise City.

We were treated to bone crunching riffs and gut wrenching snarls - the street wise tales of a small town boy drinking in all that was on offer in the seedy underbelly of 1980s L.A.

So how did it all go so terribly wrong?

Historical revisionists - of which there are many - will tell you it was always to be. That on the back of that bowel rattling debut, the seminal EP 'Lies' was in fact nothing more than a misogynistic, racist manifest forced upon an unsuspecting youth by our red headed, red necked hero from Indiana - and that things only went downhill from there with 'The Spaghetti Incident' and well... Those other two...

But this view discounts rock reality and royalty as we know it! This sort of fanciful revisionism flies directly in the face of fact! This kind of unabridged nonsense should be left to wither and die, solely the domain of that awful 146 character echo chamber inhabited by the morally indignant with their perennial sense of outrage and righteous anger!

We are better than this! We have no time for the dribble of such rabble in this, a SERIOUS thread on a SERIOUS music website! No siree, for we come here today in honour of all that is good and beautiful about the downfall of these former teen idols, these demons of rock who came crashing into our living rooms and our lives to befoul the promise of our youth and steal the virtuous hearts of our teenaged girls! This thread is not for the morally righteous, no! This thread is not for seekers of fact but for celebrants of rock mythology! This thread embraces the unmistakable beauty of internet hearsay, the absolute bollocks passed off on us by the music media and devoured as gospel in bars and work place cafeterias across the globe. Gospel, as written by NME or Kerrang!

This thread is for those that walk among us each day, having awoken with the thought - 'I wonder what Axl is doing right now?' This thread is for the true fan, the truly fixated - those among us that care - not so much to uncover the facts (for who cares for facts?) - but to share together in the bountiful rock mythology that exists between the monstrous rock orgy that was Appetite For Destruction and the transmogrification into the petulant beast we know and tutt disdainfully at today . From Bigger than Jesus, to Bigger than Buddha - this is a celebration of falling stars - and in particular, the greatest fallen star of them all... William Bruce Bailey.

W. Axl Rose - We Salute You!

(please share your cruelly unflattering pics and baseless tales of debauchery as you see fit... Or don't see fit...)

Edited by Hi-Fi heathen
  • Like 6

This guy seems familiar.

Damn I just realised that even my last avatar had a member of (a version of) GnR. Though Tommy Stinson was 15 years away from his first regular paycheck playing bass with GnR, when he sat up on the roof of his family home in Minneapolis. I digress.

• Like 1

We are better than this! We have no time for the dribble of such rabble in this, a SERIOUS thread on a SERIOUS music website! No siree, for we come here today in honour of all that is good and beautiful about the downfall of these former teen idols, these demons of rock who came crashing into our living rooms and our lives to befoul the promise of our youth and steal the virtuous hearts of our teenaged girls! This thread is not for the morally righteous, no! This thread is not for seekers of fact but for celebrants of rock mythology! This thread embraces the unmistakable beauty of internet hearsay, the absolute bollocks passed off on us by the music media and devoured as gospel in bars and work place cafeterias across the globe. Gospel, as written by NME or Kerrang!

Facts man, never let them get in the way of a good story...

• Like 1

Indeed Mr. Cool. Indeed. I'll have to dig up some salacious gossip rag fodder on the upcoming reunion concert in Vegas. Being a mere blue collar worker - I can't afford to attend and give fans here the 'total coverage' they deserve - but I'm happy to dish the goss here on SNA for any interested parties... Of which there seem to be few. Surprisingly. ;)

"Like" to all pics and posts in this thread.

Gold.

:D

Still...

Poor Axl.

He was actually a quite handsome young man back in the day.....

:unsure:

So this reunion... is it the classic lineup or is it some Fat Axl concocted GnR with some bucket head on the guitar?

Nah, they don't talk anymore. Bucket head's KFC kept going missing from his hat and for years he could never understand who was doing it..then these types of photos of Axel started to emerge...

Edited by Kaynin
  • Like 3

No! No! People, people! Has your music media let you down? Is Molly Meldrum off his game? What's going on over there? The world is abuzz with the news: The classic line up IS back together and will be playing Vegas on the 17th of April - after which a full tour is apparently in the pipeline. Was Stephen Adler the original drummers name? At this stage he's a maybe but Matt Sorrum is primed to take his spot if they can't get/keep him clean... Hence my anticipation of epic tantrums and public meltdowns the likes if which we haven't seen in... Oooooh, say 22yrs!?

I am accepting PayPal donations and expect to have a Kick-starter page up and running ASAP to cover flights, accom and... Expenses. Ahem... We need TOTAL COVERAGE people! This is epic! As epic as Axls waistline? Well, that waits to be seen... Stay tuned! ;)

Your wartime correspondent on the frontline,

J. Heathen (esq)

Edited by Hi-Fi heathen
  • Like 1