Vinyl at Target, no not cheap raincoats but LPs

Bugs

True, various Beatles ,Nivana, Amy Winehouse, Taylor Swift.$29 each,even a Thompson TT @ $49, think I"ll pass on that one.....Cheers,...Bugs

Hmm...Thompson TT?

*Makes note to pass via hardware section for one hammer.*

Can only be a good thing however they should still ban thos POS players they are passing off as turntables and introduce a decent entry level payer that at a minimum won't damage the vinyl.

That said I'm waiting for the mighty Kmart to reintroduce vinyl as I still have my very first LP I bought from that that store God knows when after saving a few weeks pocket money.

Still play to this day and has so many good memories I could never part with it....

post-122789-0-59278100-1459329786_thumb.

• Like 1

I went into Target today and those 8 albums are literally all Target stock.    Except for some bizzare reason they stocked the current Elvis album, but the box which has the 2LP set + the CD - $79 - they won't be selling many of those.??

371483357884.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was at target today and was looking around and noticed they are now selling vinyl.

Prices between $29-$39.

Selection is limited, but it's a start.

Besides what you can see in the picture they had more behind the counter.

I think i saw Elvis and Michael Jackson, but not 100% sure

20160410_113723_zpsh3drnmnc.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up Lourde last week, good copy. Better than the 40-50 ish in JB

Hi Jebediah,

Curious whether Lorde was any good on vinyl? I heard someone say recently that it was not as good as the digital recording.

I have it via Tidal as a FLAC copy and it sounds amazing through my Audeze headphones...wondering if I should shell out for a record or DSD version.

Thanks

Torben

• Like 1

Can only be a good thing however they should still ban thos POS players they are passing off as turntables and introduce a decent entry level payer that at a minimum won't damage the vinyl.

That said I'm waiting for the mighty Kmart to reintroduce vinyl as I still have my very first LP I bought from that that store God knows when after saving a few weeks pocket money.

Still play to this day and has so many good memories I could never part with it....

Great album :thumb:

Mine has the same worn edges hehe.

;)

Hi Jebediah,

Curious whether Lorde was any good on vinyl? I heard someone say recently that it was not as good as the digital recording.

I have it via Tidal as a FLAC copy and it sounds amazing through my Audeze headphones...wondering if I should shell out for a record or DSD version.

Thanks

Torben

TBH, I couldn't say with surety, I haven't given the Lorde album that much of a listen in terms of SQ. If you can still pick it up for the right price it would be worth it. Can't hazard a guess as to whether it's up there with the digital version tho?

So how does this all fare for the 'proper' record stores like 'Redeye'?

Are stores like Target going to take away business for these 'local' stores?

Only if you stop going to Redeye and go to Target.