Line up changes that didn't quite improve a Band

zenikoy

Johnny Farnham joins Little River Band.

Lets go! :popcorn:

enikoy, you must have esp! I was going to post that in the 'other' thread but didn't think it would be appropriate at the time.

Maybe it's a good thing I didn't, now everyone can see your first post and get the whole gist of things! :thumb:

INXS and that numb nuts replacement.

JD Fortune got the gig because he could write lyrics, which was Hutchence's role.

Others in the comp were far better singers, but couldn't write.

Looked for a while like INXS were going to have a female singer. Which would have been interesting.....

Surely when the new member is replacing a dead one that shouldn't count - so I reckon you blokes should leave INXS, AC/DC, Queen etc out of it. One could argue that when the lead singer dies, your hand is forced somewhat

What next - Thin Lizzy have never been the same without Phil?

Anyway, my pick is Voivod sans Blackie. I love his bass sound and the albums without him are not quite the same to me

Or how about...Rush without John Rutsey (I crack myself up sometimes)

Surely when the new member is replacing a dead one that shouldn't count - so I reckon you blokes should leave INXS, AC/DC, Queen etc out of it. One could argue that when the lead singer dies, your hand is forced somewhat

This is an interesting point. With some bands the front man/woman is 'the big show' and for bands to carry on without them (dead or alive) is just plain silly (Queen, Doors, INXS I'm looking at you). I mean really no one is going to notice if Kirk Pengilly isn't off to the side of the stage doing whatever, but take away Hutchensence and whats the point?

Other bands like Led Zep are more than the sum of the parts and you lose one member and its show over

However, some of my favorite bands like Turbonegro and the Beasts of Bourbon have revolving doors and I'll go see them whoever is in the line up

But back on topic, the Stones were never as good once Ronnie Wood joined

• Like 1