Mick Fleetwood

Ventured into 170Russell in Melbourne last night to see The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band. :) WOW what a gig, from the moment Fleetwood stood on stage and announced there will be no "Rhiannon" played here tonight!

For close to the next two hours his band went about playing classic early Fleetwood MAC tunes from 1967-1970 including the first and best Black Magic Woman, Stop Messing around, Oh Well, Looking For Somebody and the instrumental masterpiece Albatross!

• Like 2

They were pretty good at Bluesfest too but being a festival crowd with many different tastes they sorta didn't set the crowd on fire. Was nice to hear some old stuff though.

• Like 1

Huge difference to seeing them at a festival(like big day out ect) or at a venue in a city.

Bluesfest you just wander about from tent to tent; Oh look! Jackson Browne is playing(Who?), oh look there's Vintage Trouble, they sound good who are they? Oh look, there's Tom Jones and I think that's that Beachboy guy...all while your munching on some charcoal smoked chook in a wrap with a beer or wine in hand.

As long as the weather stays nice it's a great way to spend a day or a few hours or an entire long weekend.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, heard that about Ben Harper last year!

Reviews said he was ordinary! :emot-bang:

Glad I didn't attend, seems like most people don't know what good music is these days , would have been a 'boring' crowd! :unsure:

Ben Harper is one of the most 'intense' musicians I have ever seen in my life (and I have seen a LOT)!

Edited by surfpurple
  • Like 1