FS: Jungson JA88-D Integrated Amplifier

Item: Jungson JA88-D Integrated Amplifier

Price: (Sold)
Item Condition: Fault on right channel
Reason for selling: Time poor
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

I'm selling my fantastic sounding Jungson JA-88D, that requires repair. The right channel has stopped working – no pop, no smoke, it just went quiet one day. I've tested all 4 inputs and they're fine. I've checked the pre-amp output and both channels work (it is a pre- out btw, not a line out). The massive VU meters for both channels function correctly, doing their dance if fed a signal. It's likely something in the output stage. I've visually inspected the boards I can see and everything seems to be in order with no physical signs of damage. Could be a dry joint or a failed component, but it's nothing visibly obvious.

The plan was to fix this myself, but I don't have the time to dismantle and troubleshoot the amp these days, so if you're handy with a multi-meter and a soldering iron you can pick yourself up a well regarded amp (or pre-amp) for a very competitive price – it would be great to see someone else enjoy this amp.

Includes original triple box, manual, and remote. The amp itself is in excellent cosmetic condition and sounded beguiling before it started playing up. Please be aware that this is a large amp weighing around 30kg.

Pictures:

post-107544-0-48268400-1459291376_thumb.post-107544-0-02061800-1459291392_thumb.

Edited by gz76

A great amp ... will be a bargain for someone!!

You would know!

For everyone who's expressed an interest, I have added you to a stand-by list. I'm glad to know this will be going to a new home where it will get the attention it deserves.

• Like 1