Forums

1. START HERE

1. 88.3k

1. 388.3k

Roon, TIDAL, Spotify, Qobuz, LMS, Amazon Music etc.

1. 419.8k

1. 160.9k

1. 52.9k

1. 620k

1. 100
    13. 162
    20. 313
  8. REGIONAL EVENTS, GET TOGETHERS, AUDIO CLUBS

1. 46.4k

1. 5.4k

• Our picks

• Show us your tubes
      As the title says, a thread to show off your warm glowing bits. Mines on the blink for now, time for those pics Super Mustud...
      • 3,859 replies
    • Mobile fidelity one step
      Not sure if anything else is following the mobile fidelity brouhaha in the last 2 weeks after 40000 copy of thriller one step was announced. An interview of Mofi was released this morning. It's an interesting watch.its a long video but if you just want the over simplified summary the original tape is transferred to 4x dsd on Mofi one step release. So not really one step is it. I still think their stuff are still some of the best new release pressing but that's just wrong product labelling. But this was addressed in the interview future product will have more clarity on what is one step process for each release 

https://youtu.be/shg0780YgAE
      • 274 replies
    • Lets see those garage systems.
      I was wondering how many other forum members have garage systems ?

Also have speakers in the cabana
        • Love
      • 0 replies
    • DIY audio: what are you building?
      This is a DIY in progress thread. What are you building right now? Or about to build this summer. Not so much a detailed thread, but one to bring out of the woodwork all those projects hiding away in secret.
      Right now I'm building some oblate spheroid waveguides. Just a pair of small 6" guides to mate with a 6" mid. My first go at integrating my new compression drivers. So far (as always) it's taking much longer than expected!
      Also planning:
      large rectangular waveguides - 15" 40 x 90 degree and perhaps an 18" like the Unity
      some big bass traps (ones that can live permanently in the room)
      quadratic diffusors and some absorbers
      under floor bass horns
      AV rack

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27102[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27103[/ATTACH]
      It's a bit of a shock seeing my work bench clear enough to actually put all those bits on it.
      There are all the bits. The tricky part is making sure they are all concentric when turning them up. I've found in the past that this is the thing I'm most likely to bugger up. So this time I'll line them all up, glue, cut out the holes then turn them up.
      There is always a certain amount of denial of reality with these projects. Ahhh, it's just a quickie, 3 or 4 hours should do it. Hmmm ... starting to appreciate how much would go into a 15" version!
      Over to you guys .... what are you building? Come out of the closet!
      • 8,156 replies
    • How much better is Atmos than 5.1 surround
      Context: Ive got an old Denon 2311 (no 4K) which has HDMI 1.4 functionality currently acting as my control hub. There are HDMI 2.0 cables from PVR, PS4, DVD player to the Denon into a Arc input in a 4k 6 series Samsung TV. Streaming is provided by a Chromecast with Google TV,  connected directly to the TV. My question basically boils down to whether i should a) connect a (new) Blu Ray player direct to the tv and eArc the sound from TV to receiver for 5.1 surround or b) upgrade the AVR to something like the 3700 (I need preouts), and connect all devices to it. I have tentative approval for some ceiling speakers in the medium term future

For those who have experienced Atmos, or used a 3700, are either a significant jump from a 2311 and 5.1 and worthy of investing in?
      • 26 replies
    • Ripping CD’s to Flac or Wav on PC
      This has no doubt been asked before but I can’t seem to find a  basic summary.
      Was hoping  someone can steer me in the right direction.
      Wanting to convert CD’s to digital media on PC.
      Interested in,
      Advice on software to use.
      Flac or Wav?
      Connecting transport to PC for ripping.
      I will be playing through CXN V2
      Any other general info appreciated.
       Thank you

• 64 replies
    • Roon Users Discussion Thread
      I was surprised there is no dedicated thread on Roon.

This is a "fanboy" post. I love the software. It gives you such a rich experience. I am constantly following links between artists.

eg. Someone put a Maceo Parker cd up for sale. I know zero about Jazz so I have a look on Roon and discover that he plays sax on some Prince albums that I used to think had really good sax on them. You can also see other Artists he has played with as well as other albums of his of course. Just a small taste but I am constantly doing this.  Just clicking on links. I couldn't do this reading a CD/LP cover without having to google anyway. Hi arist website, facebook page and wikipedia page are all there as well.

With the latest update to 1.2 I feel a lot more confident that this project will have a long life ahead of it. If Tidal dies, they will link to whatever is the next best thing. You will still have your own library.

With this release they included a Linux Bridge (ie endpoint) as well as server. I think this will open the floodgates on future Roon devices both servers and endpoints. There is plenty of detail on their site and the forum is already busy with many Linux queries.

For me with zero Linux skills I managed to get an RPI2 loaded and Roon could see it and took less than an hour with lots of googling and silly errors in between. I can only imagine what people who know what they are doing will achieve. I am now tempted to switch an old PC over to Linux to use as a core so I can avoid the endless Windows updates etc. 

My main set-up is Roon Win10 core to SBT to Devialet Phantoms via Optical. Also have Roon on my study PC to Asus Sonar STX to powered Emotivas.

Anyway interested in other peoples Roon set ups and plans.
      • 1,499 replies
    • Netflix currently watching
      I love my Netflix. Never really watched TV shows/Movies but the occasional MotoGP and going to Cinema but now there are sooooo many options.

So I've watched the full episode of 'Cosmos' by Neil de Grasse Tyson. Amazing

Watched some old movies (Event Horizon, Total Recall, Star Trek into darkness etc) as I don't really know what movie to watch !

What else are there...?

I am pointing my VPN to the US and quite surprised to find a title that's not there but available in Europe (Nicolas Cage "Knowing"). I wonder what else.

Please share us what you watch and maybe a bit of review!

• 1,408 replies
  • Feedback Statistics

Positive
    Neutral
    Negative
    99%
    Total Positive
  • Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   110 Members, 4 Anonymous, 386 Guests (See full list)

To Top