Rotel’s Michi Range Gains X3 and X5 Integrated Amps
The return of Rotel's Michi range return has been well received by fans and reviewers alike, and now the range seems set to expand with the addition of the X3 and X5 integrated amplifiers.
Introduced in October last year, the Michi range launched with the P5 Preamplifier, S5 Stereo Power Amplifier, and M8 Monoblock Power Amplifier. Both the P5 and S5 were reviewed by StereoNET recently attracting our coveted and well-deserved Applause Award.
Designed using critical evaluation of every circuit, signal path and component in combination with the use of in-house key technologies, the X3 and X5 share the industrial design and finish of the recently launched models.
The Michi X3 is rated at 350 watts per channel (4 ohms) and features 13 source inputs including 1 x XLR, 3 x analogue RCA, 3 digital optical and 3 coaxial inputs, USB Type B, moving magnet phono input, and aptX Bluetooth.
X3 INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER FEATURES
- Delivers 350-watts of robust power into 4-ohm and 200-watts to 8-ohm loads driven by a high efficiency oversized toroidal transformer feeding independent analog, digital and power amplifier voltage regulator circuits for optimal power isolation
- The X3 circuits are designed to optimize the signal path to each of the 13 source inputs including XLR, analog, digital, pc-USB, Bluetooth with apt-x wireless streaming and moving magnet phono stage
- Utilising direct-path circuit topology, the X3 further isolates sensitive audio signals and processing from the high current amplification stage lowering the noise floor and delivering an improved sound field
- The X3 high-resolution screen ensures quick setup of all features and multiple user-selectable configuration options of the run-time display.
- RS232 and ethernet connectivity provide integration with all popular control systems
The Michi X5 steps up to 600 watts and adds to the input count with another pair of RCA inputs and an MM/MC phono input. It also caters for DSD and MQA and takes advantage of an AKM DAC chip (768kHz/32-bit).
A high resolution front panel display on both devices allows easy access to all setup options and a user selectable choice of display readouts is available and includes operating status, 12-band graphic EQ or a Peak Power Meter.
X5 INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER FEATURES
- Delivers 600-watts of output power into 4-ohms and 350-watts to 8-ohm loads with near limitless, controlled, bass energy
- Supports an array of 14 source inputs including analog, digital, XLR, PC-USB with DSD 2x decoding and MQA rendering
- APT-X and AAC high quality wireless Bluetooth streaming and both moving-magnet and moving-coil phono stage
- Digital to analog conversion utilizes an AKM 32 bit, 768khz DAC, achieving meticulous accuracy and timing of the audio
- The front panel graphic display provides easy access to all setup options using the included custom designed signature Michi remote control
- The display is configurable to show operating status, a 12-band graphic EQ or peak power meter
- RS232 and ethernet connection ensure simple integration with automation systems
Daren Orth, Chief Technology Officer of Rotel, told StereoNET:
We are very excited about the introduction of the X3 and X5 Michi amplifiers. The X3 and X5 are a natural extension of the ground-breaking work we have achieved with the relaunch of the Michi brand. These Integrated Amplifiers represent the best of Rotel and represent nearly six decades of engineering excellence, with products manufactured to the highest quality standards and offered with unsurpassed value.
Australian pricing and availability have not yet been confirmed.
For more information, visit Rotel.
StereoNET’s Founder and Publisher, born in UK and raised on British Hi-Fi before moving to Australia where he worked as an Engineer in both the audio and mechanical fields.